Holiday Lights Powered by the AEP Foundation
Columbus Commons Holiday Lights Powered by the AEP Foundation
The annual tradition is back for another year! Enjoy the festive lights at Columbus Commons from November 17, 2023 through January 1, 2024 EVERY DAY from 5 pm to 11 pm. Stop by after a Downtown dinner to see more than 400,000 LED lights dazzle in the park, thanks to our wonderful partnership with the American Electric Power Foundation.
While you’re traversing this glowing green space, take a photo and share it on Instagram using #CCHolidayLights!
Easy parking is accessible at 55 E Rich Street.
Fun fact: Parking at either of the Columbus Commons garages supports free events in the park and makes programming like Holiday Lights possible. Park here and pay it forward to enjoy everything from local bands to family fun in the new year.
This holiday season, we’re proud to be partnering with Nationwide Children's Hospital to “Light Up the Lawn, Light Up a Life”! Be sure to visit this beautiful, 10-foot butterfly at the Commons holiday light display. Make a donation of $10 or more to light it up in front of your eyes AND light up the display on the lawn of Nationwide Children’s!
December 1, 8, 15, 22
5 pm – 9 pm
Bonus Festive Saturday December 2 as a part of Downtown Holi-DAY
The first four Fridays in December will be extra festive at Columbus Commons! Here is what you can expect:
- Free hot chocolate served up by the staff at Tortilla. Find them in the Tortilla Mexican Streetfood café space.
- Free carousel rides from 5 pm - 9 pm, weather permitting
- Tortilla and Zaki Grill Food Trucks will be onsite serving food from 5 pm - 9 pm
- Bar serving boozy beverages from 5 pm - 9 pm (credit card only)
- Live music near the carousel thanks to the Greater Columbus Arts Council from 5 pm - 8 pm
- Roaming photo booth from H&H Luxury Events from 6 pm - 8 pm
- Portable restrooms will be located in the southeast corner of the park, near 80 on the Commons, behind Jeni's
On the bonus Festive Saturday date on December 2, we will be live streaming the afternoon performance of the Columbus Symphony Orchestra's annual Holiday Pops show. The Columbus Symphony Chorus and Columbus Children's Choir join in presenting the most-loved holiday songs and carols. Catch the simulcast on the Columbus Commons screens from 3 pm to 5:15 pm.
Saturday, December 2
Time and locations vary
Come Downtown on Saturday, December 2 for a flurry of special festive activities Downtown to help get you in the holiday mood! From shopping at small businesses, trolley tours, photo opps with the big man himself, hot boozy beverages and more, this is the Holi-DAY you won’t want to miss Downtown. Enjoy some extra festivities at the following events happening throughout the season:
Events to get excited for on December 2:
- Santa Extravaganza at the Lazarus Building (4-7 pm)
- Festive Saturday at Columbus Commons (4-9 pm)
- Good Market Holiday Edition (4-9 pm)
- Winter Fest (11 am - 4 pm)
- CSO Holiday Pops at the Ohio Theatre (3 pm)
- Discovery District Trolley Hop (1-6 pm)
- and so much more!
FREE Santa Extravaganza
Lazarus Building, Galleria
50 W Town Street, Columbus, OH 43215
Saturday, December 2, 4 pm – 7 pm
The nostalgic family tradition continues! Mr. Claus himself will be at the historic Lazarus Building galleria for photo ops along with a hullabaloo of holiday activities for the whole family including arts and crafts, facepainting, letters to Santa, Secret Santa shopping and more.
GOOD MARKET – HOLIDAY EDITION: Downtown Columbus x Good Land Brand
Columbus Commons Esplanade
160 S High St
Saturday, December 2, 4pm - 9 pm
Good Land Brand and Downtown Columbus are teaming up to bring the hit Good Market to Columbus Commons: HoliDAY Edition! This cozy holiday market will be the merriest place to start your holiday shopping, with a variety of hand-crafted, local goods for sale from 20+ Columbus vendors located in the State Street walkway next to the Ohio Theatre.