FREE Carousel Rides presented by PNC
April 21 - September 30
Open Daily, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., weather pending
(closed to the public during private events)
Hurdy-gurdy, merry-go-round, or whirligig. Whatever you call it, we call it absolutely delightful. So, pick your pony, hop on, and enjoy the fun – and free – carousel ride at the Commons. Of course, convivial calliope music also included. Did we mention it's free?
Brews in the Bosque Happy Hours
First Wednesday of the Month
May - October
4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Whether you live for local libations or just looking for something to do, bring the fam or your fur baby and join us for a beer.
We'll be serving up ice-cold cans of the most popular craft brews + a refreshing Commons Cocktail made with Middle West Spirits OYO Stonefruit Vodka + Lemonade. Tip one back, take in some tunes, and enjoy the backyard-meets-beer-garden vibe of this happy hour happening.
FREE Family Fun Day
Saturday, May 27
4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Start your summer with a free party at the park. And by party, we mean HOURS of free family-friendly including:
- Carousel Rides
- Inflatables from SuperGames
- Face Painting and Balloon Twisting by Pretty as a Princess
- Crafts led by OSU Urban Art Space
- Blender Bike by Molina Healthcare
- Plant & Grow Project by Lowe's
- Music from NACHO Street Band
- Columbus Fire Division will be bringing their HOME 1 RV.
The RV will be offering vaccines by Columbus Public Health, and a limited changing and nursing area.
- Food for purchase from Tortilla, Elevated Pizza and Taesty's
- Sweet Treats for purchase from Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams & Cotton Sugar
New this year is an early opening at 3 p.m. for a sensory hour to accommodate children on the autism spectrum in partnership with Autism Speaks.
FREE Dance Performance by Momentum University
5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Join Momentum University for a dance performance you won't forget! Truth Be Told presented by Momentum is a free event that is open to the public. Tickets are not required. Bring a lawn chair or blanket to enjoy the show!
FREE Commons for Kids Presented by Nationwide Children's Hospital
June 9 - August 11
10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
When it comes to summer fun, kids are all-in. And Columbus Commons is the place to let kids, well, be kids. They get games, inflatables, and face painting. You get happy, worn-out little ones.
Check out our Commons for Kids page for full list of themes, activities, and vendors for each date.
FREE Harvest Fair
Saturday, September 9
4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Free fall-themed family fun for everyone to enjoy! Activities and entertainment include:
- Inflatables from SuperGames including Bobbing for Apples Obstacle, Farmland Playland, Football Bounce, Treehouse Slider, Endzone Obstacle Course and Wacky Kiddie Corner
- Downtown pumpkin patch ($3 per mini pumpkin, card only)
- Pumpkin decorating facilitated by OSU Urban Arts Space
- Facepainting and Balloon Twisting with Pretty as a Princess
- Stiltwalkers from The Amazing Giants
- Parachute play facilitated by The Parachute People
- A full farm experience & apple cidering with Bring the Farm to You
- Pumpkin Carving by Rock on Ice
- Columbus Division of Fire will be bringing their HOME 1 RV.
Columbus Public Health will also provide free school-age vaccines for those 4-to-18-years old, and offer an air-conditioned changing and nursing area within the RV (space is limited)
- Participate in sensory fun with Bridgeway Academy & Therapy Center
- Picture-perfect fall-foliage backdrop for your family photos, provided by EMI.
- Tunes from New Basics Brass Band
- Capture the fun via a roaming photobooth from HH Luxury Events.
- Food Trucks including: Hibachi Run, Elevated Pizza, Broke Johnny, and Cheesy Truck.
FREE Movie Nights presented by Molina Healthcare
May 27, June 23, July 14, September 9
There’s something enchanting about watching the stars of some of the hottest PG flicks under the stars of a steamy summer night. And talk about a big screen. We have a ginormous movie screen for a larger-than-life viewing of the show, plus six acres of lawn seating. No chair kicking or popcorn throwing here.
May 27- Moana
June 23- The Lion King*
July 14- Shrek
September 9- Encanto**
*For the June 23 free movie night, gates will open at 8 p.m. following a ticketed Columbus Symphony Orchestra Popcorn Pops performance. If you arrive prior to 8 p.m., you will not be permitted into the park until the previous ticketed event is finished.
**New this year: On Sept. 9, Columbus Commons is partnering with Bridgeway Academy & Therapy Center to welcome families with Autism and developmental disabilities.