Need a new workout routine? Break a sweat and get the heart pumping at the park. This summer we will be offering free fitness classes, thanks to our park partner UnitedHealthcare! Classes begin on Wednesday, June 2 and will continue each Wednesday through September 29. The class schedule is as follows:
- Hip Hop
Wednesdays from 5:15pm to 6:15pm
Wednesdays from 6:30pm to 7:30pm
All participants are required to fill out an online waiver and release in order take part in our fitness classes. Once you fill out the online waiver form, you are free to attend all classes for the summer. When you attend your first Columbus Commons fitness class, please be sure to check-in at the table, located at the just west of the stage, to confirm you've completed a waiver. Blank waivers will also be available at the check-in table.
Classes will be held in the North Lawn with adequate space for everyone to spread out. Classes occur rain or shine but will be canceled in the event of severe weather. You will receive an email from us if classes are canceled.
Since our free classes are operating under a new format to keep everybody as safe as possible, please take a moment to read the information below.
- High-touch amenities, including water fountains and restrooms, will not be available. Please plan ahead, and bring your own water bottle, towel and yoga mat.
- Participants and staff must perform a self-assessment before class; if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or are feeling ill – please don’t come to class.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before the start of class to avoid congregating.
Registering for classes:
Registration will open for an one month at a time. We encourage all participants to register in advance, but walk-ups will not be turned away as long as a waiver is signed.
- Enter your email address to sign the required waiver and fill out necessary information, including emergency contact
- Click “Start Signing Up for Classes”
- Once the waiver is filled out, you will receive a confirmation email with a 4-digit code. You can use that code to sign back in at any time to view registrations or cancel your spot.
- A reminder email will go out 12 hours in advance of class time.
- To cancel a class, simply sign back in using your email and 4-digit code received on waiver confirmation email and click “cancel”.
If you have any questions or concerns you can share feedback or ask us any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.